We Look Forward to Seeing You
We want your experience with us to be as comfortable and convenient as possible, which is why we created this page to help prepare you for your visit. Knowing what to expect can save you time and ensure you receive answers to all of your questions.
What to Bring:
- Your glasses or contacts if you wear them (ask if you should stop wearing your contacts a few days prior to your visit)
- A list of any health conditions or allergies
- A list of all medications
- A list of questions about your eye health if you have any
- Your medical insurance information
What Happens During the Visit?
New patients must fill out some brief paperwork before meeting the doctor. You may print and fill out these new patient forms—and any others—ahead of time and bring them with you. Or you may fill them out at check-in. After turning in your paperwork, you'll go to the exam room to meet the doctor. The exact type of exam will vary based on your health history and the reason for your appointment. Ask ahead of time if you will have a dilated eye exam as you will need a driver to take you home.
Why Does Regular Eye Care Matter?
Regular eye care not only protects your vision but can help detect other health issues, such as diabetes. This is why regular eye care is so important. Before you leave your appointment, take a moment to schedule your next visit to Jerde Eye Specialists.